AAGBI Wylie Medal 2018
The Wylie Medal 2018 will be awarded to the most meritorious essay on this year’s topic ‘Medical student electives in developing countries: medical tourism or formative experience?‘ written by an undergraduate medical student at a university in Great Britain or Ireland. The overall winner will receive the Wylie Medal in memory of Dr W Derek Wylie, President of the AAGBI 1980-82.
Submit your essay ”Medical student electives in developing countries: medical tourism or formative experience?” to the Wylie Medal 2018 here.
The deadline for submission is 23:59 on Wednesday 31 January 2018
Essays should be prepared according to the general format of the ‘Notice to Contributors’ found here.
- Applications were invited from medical students studying in Great Britain and Ireland (subject to confirmation of eligibility).
- All applicants should be the sole author of their essay.
- The word limit is 1000 words (excluding references and headings).
- Some essays may be published online or in Anaesthesia News, depending on their suitability and at the discretion of the AAGBI. All essay submissions will be subject to a plagiarism check and the results will be considered as part of the judging process.
- All submissions will blinded to reviewers. Author names and contact information should not be included on the submitted essay.