- This event has passed.
Born to Run: Medicine Behind the (Half-)Marathon
30th April, 2018., 6:30pm - 8:30pm
What makes us the best long distance runners? How does the body adapt? What happens when things go wrong?
Get your running shoes on and join us for an evening of half-marathon medicine at the North Terrace. Dr Chris Vallis, Consultant Anaesthetist and Medical Director of the Great North Run, will be giving an interactive talk covering:
- How humans have evolved to be long-distance runners
- The physiology behind long distance running
- What can go wrong: common presentations at the Great North Run and how they are managed
- Why Anaesthetics and ICM lend themselves to event and sports medicine
- How to get involved in future GNR events!
The event will be open to medical students, trainees and anyone with an interest in running, medicine or anaesthetics and critical care!
FREE PIZZA provided for NSACC members.