- This event has passed.
17th September, 2017.£17
Northern Anaesthetic Pedal 2017
The Northern Anaesthetic Pedal is an annual ride run by the Northern School of Anaesthesia and ICM trainee committee.
We are raising money for two local excellent charities; Great North Air Ambulance Service and Middlesborough African Medical Support.
Entry is £17 and includes refreshments, photographs and a NAP17 Lanyard. All proceeds go to the designated charities.
The event base is Edmunbyers Village Hall. A 15 mile (24 km) loop with 1391ft ascent, returns the riders back to the village hall. Riders can complete one lap or as many as you like.
The ROUTE OPTIONS
- ‘Lap Appendix’ – Riders will complete one lung busting lap, experiencing stunning panoramic views, heather lined roads and beautifully smooth tarmac. The perfect option for those new to cycling, hiring a bike and wanting to test yourself! (15 miles 24km 1391ft ascent)
- ‘Lap Hernia’ – Stepping up to tick off two full laps of the course is not to be taken lightly. Something for those looking to push themselves and experience those views just one more time. (30 miles 48km 2782ft ascent)
- ‘Lap Chole’ – An epic distance with so many feet of ascent to cover. This route is for the hardy rider with rubber to burn and legs to match. Not to be undertaken lightly, but definitely to be undertaken if you were up for the challenge. (45 miles 72km 4173ft ascent)
- ‘Laparotomy’ – FOUR LAPS! The same ascent as riding up Ben Nevis. Riding the Laparotomy will give you plenty of excuses for cake and a good long lie down! (60 miles 96km 5564ft ascent)
- ‘Hero status’ – Be our guest to go as far as you can. The only limit is time. Start is at 9am. Sweep of the course is 4.30pm.
Otherwise you are welcome to start anytime between 9am until 2pm. We will be sweeping the course after 4:30pm.
WHO CAN RIDE?
The event is open all; Anaesthetic Trainees, Anaesthetic Consultants, ICM Trainees, ICM Consultants, ODP’s, Theatre Staff, Critical Care Staff, Surgical and Medical Specialties, Medical Students, as well as friends and family.
To enter, simply email NSAICM.NAP17@gmail.com