RCoA Student Membership
The Royal College of Anaesthetists is launching a new membership service for medical students and foundation
As part of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) five year strategy to support anaesthetists throughout their career, they are pleased to announce the launch of a new membership service for medical students and foundation year doctors.
Membership offers support for those interested in learning more about anaesthesia as a specialty, and will encourage them to pursue a career in anaesthesia, pain medicine and intensive care. Membership will also offer support to a broader range of people interested in understanding more about anaesthesia, as well as information about recruitment to the training programme.
Some of the benefits, resources and support offered through the membership are:
- 75% discount on selected RCoA events
- A copy of the newly published Your Career in Anaesthesia guide – offering support and information into:
- what a career in anaesthesia can look like
- the anaesthesia training programme
- dual accreditation with ICM
- case studies and testimonials about the specialty
- suggestions on how to improve your CV and application
- Opportunities for RCoA sponsorship of medical fairs and events
- College e-publications including links to the bimonthly membership magazineBulletin, and the President’s monthly newsletter
- Webcast access
- Networking opportunities with other practitioners and students
The cost of membership is set to be affordable for all, at only £3 per month for medical students and foundation year doctors.
By joining the UK’s professional body for anaesthesia, intensive care and pain medicine, those interested in a career in the specialty will receive support from the very start of their career, as well as demonstrate their dedication to high professional values and care.
Medical students can join now by visiting https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/career-in-anaesthesia or contacting the RCoA directly via firstname.lastname@example.org